Saturday, August 24, 2013

Here we go!

Alright! Here I am, finally joining the blogging world - albeit, anonymously.

I guess I'll start with introducing myself: I'm a new mom, embarking on the new journey of a Paleo lifestyle for reasons I'll list in just a sec. Having this blog is going to make it easier to see my progress and to hold myself accountable. I'm an ex-journalist who has always been the type of person that has to get things out and down on paper (so to speak) and I'm hoping this will help me in my journey.

I'm starting Paleo (the "primal diet") because:

  • I'm a breastfeeding mom - what I eat, my child eats. Ever since beginning the parenting journey with pregnancy, I've made the switch to grass-fed beef, organic produce/veggies and cage-free eggs/poultry.
  • I have digestive issues. Neither doctors nor I have figured out what has caused my IBS or random waves of nausea and after gluten-free became the "new" fad and got more attention, it all kind of made sense that perhaps I have a gluten intolerance or at the very least, a sensitivity.
  • Dairy. I've always had a love-hate relationship with dairy. I absolutely think it's grotesque that we are the only mammal that A) drinks another mammal's milk and, B) drinks milk past infancy. So nixing dairy as a beverage is easy (soy is always my go-to with Starbucks and the like, anyhow) - cheese is another thing, though. I DO enjoy cheese as long as it's full fat and hopefully, from grass-fed cows. Some are okay with dairy in Paleo, some aren't - it's just like peanuts being acceptable or not - I could care less about the semantics and care the most about the health.
This blog is going to be my place to bitch and moan, praise and doubt myself and overall just something to burn up the energy from my bulletproof coffee - hah! This is by NO means just a diet/fitness blog - I'm going to talk about what I want, when I want. This is for me.


So... here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment