Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Derailment (and I ain't talking about the railroad)

Argghhhh. I had a bad day yesterday. After I wrote my post, things just kept swindling.



Until dinner, that is. What an amazing meal! We made spaghetti squash and topped it with homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs. I'm talking about fresh grassfed beef, organic basil, thyme, garlic and onions... just glorious. Of course, the meatballs were mashed, taking away from their glory, to assure the meat was thoroughly cooked as our son was enjoying the meal with us (as he usually does, unless it's steak night - I ain't eating a well done steak for ANYONE)!


To take a mental health break from the day I'd been having, I ran 1.8miles downtown since it was only (hah!) 90 out. (Ohh Texas - you and your heat.) Hit up the loft gym and did curls, thrusters and manmakers until I literally couldn't catch my breath any longer. Decided to do some yoga in the house and hit my yogi life goal - doing "The Crow" without faceplanting or having wrist-splitting pain.




I was craving sweets after my workouts so I made some paleo hot cocoa which included: 100% pure cacao, coconut milk (or water, but I can barely handle this version) and some cinnamon. I decided against using cow's milk as, again, I'm not a big milk drinker and the lactose (aka sugar aka carbs) were 4x that of the coconut milk with not nearly enough of the fat! Remember, fats are GOOD for you - they are what your body was designed to use for energy.

Pretty stoked for parmesan-crusted tilapia tonight - who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment